Honeycommb is a technology company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with offices in New York and Los Angeles. We’re building the largest interest-based social network platform in the world. Our current client list includes the likes of Lady Gaga and The Major League Baseball Players Association.
Honeycommb exists to fulfill people's lives by connecting them more deeply to their passions and the people they share them with. Major social network are flat, generalized platforms built around who people know. Honeycommb communities are built around what people love creating opportunities for far more meaningful interactions.
We place attitude over aptitude - although some serious aptitude will be required for this role. This is to say that we’re looking for someone who is respectful (of themselves and others), open, positive, and not afraid to take risks.
You think of yourself as a product person first and take full responsibility for the objectives of your work.
You’ve got some serious design chops and understand fundamental graphical principals.
You’ve can communicate with developers & understand the design - build process.
You’re a pixel wizard.
You have taste.
You’re fun :)
- A strong understanding of good user experience, IA, interaction and visual design.
- Examples of interaction design: including initial brainstorming sessions to user flows through wireframes and high fidelity screens highlighting your design process.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, user-centered design process.
- Problem solving skills: break complex concepts into smaller more management components.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, agile, deadline-driven, high-pressure environment.
- High degree of experience with Sketch and/or Adobe, and familiarity with prototyping tools such as InVision.
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with developers and other product people.
- 3-5 years of Product Design experience required.
- Read the job description & requirements carefully. Only apply if you have the qualifications & are excited about the opportunity.
- You will be applying via email. Your email will serve as your cover letter. Tell us why you're the person for the gig!
- Attach your resume in PDF form or provide a link to an online resume.
- Include a link to an online portfolio that exemplifies your breadth of skills and abilities.
- We review all submissions and do our best to respond within a day or two if not sooner.
- If things look good we'll contact you via the email address you submitted your resume with for a follow up call or a visit to the office.
We are a design-lead product and technology company. This means we take the function of “Design” very seriously. We operate within the Golden Circle where “why” always sits firmly in the center. We define. We sketch. We question. We test. We refine. We track. We refine again. In essence, we nurture our choices until we get to great outcomes.
In this role you will be moving through a diverse set of projects employing your creativity and craft to their fullest. You will be designing for iOS, Android, and Web all while keeping your brand sensibilities and skills engaged.